Friday, April 3, 2009

Retirement Reception for Dr. Norman Wilson....

Dr. Norman Wilson was the speaker on the Wesleyan Hour, a nationally known radio broadcast, for over 30 years. It was an honor to be invited to be a part of the reception in the Fall of 2008.

Norman and I had been friends for years, since our boyhood days in Albany, New York. I was able to share a few remarks and gave the benediction.

In the two photos below are Dr. Norman Wilson and his wife Nancy....

A relative of the Wilson family, myself, Ben Colburn (Wesleyan pastor) and Dr. Wilson...
Jerald Brecheisen, Ben Colburn and myself...
Dr. Wilson and myself....
As I learn how to do this I hope to respond to your comments in the comment section.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Pastor Pierpoint! Welcome to the world of blogging. This is such a wonderful way to keep up with people that mean so much to us.
    Thanks for the blessing you have been in our lives. You are very special to Derek and me.
    I look forward to all your stories and tales of travel!
    Blessings on you!
    Tara Hickman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying the glimspes into your life, Brother Pierpoint. I hope you are relishing your days at home in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very interesting event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you in the blog world. It would be great to go to breakfast again!

    ReplyDelete